Texas Instruments® CC2420
From Advantic System
The CC2420 is a true single-chip 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 compliant RF transceiver designed for low-power and low-voltage wireless applications. CC2420 includes a digital direct sequence spread spectrum baseband modem providing a spreading gain of 9 dB and an effective data rate of 250 kbps.
The CC2420 is a low-cost, highly integrated solution for robust wireless communication in the 2.4 GHz unlicensed ISM band. It complies with worldwide regulations covered by ETSI EN 300 328 and EN 300 440 class 2 (Europe), FCC CFR47 Part 15 (US) and ARIB STD-T66 (Japan).
The CC2420 provides extensive hardware support for packet handling, data buffering, burst transmissions, data encryption, data authentication, clear channel assessment, link quality indication and packet timing information.
The CC2420 is present in the following products:
- True single-chip 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 compliant RF transceiver with baseband modem and MAC support
- DSSS baseband modem with 2 MChips/s and 250 kbps effective data rate
- Suitable for both RFD and FFD operation
- Low current consumption (RX: 18.8 mA, TX: 17.4 mA)
- Low supply voltage (2.1 – 3.6 V) with integrated voltage regulator
- Low supply voltage (1.6 – 2.0 V) with external voltage regulator
- Programmable output power
- No external RF switch / filter needed
- I/Q low-IF receiver
- I/Q direct upconversion transmitter
- Very few external components
- 128(RX) + 128(TX) byte data buffering
- Digital RSSI / LQI support
- Hardware MAC encryption (AES-128)
- Battery monitor
- QLP-48 package, 7×7 mm
- Complies with ETSI EN 300 328, EN 300 440 class 2, FCC CFR-47 part 15 and ARIB STD-T66
- Powerful and flexible development tools available